After the enormous success of the AFA’s International Pavilions in China and London we learned a lot of useful tips for next year.
If you are considering joining us, these tips may assist you:
- Have all of the paper work ready for trading internationally – The AFA has established a relationship with Aitken and Partners to assist member with reduced rates.
- Learn some of the local language – or hire an interpreter to be there with you.
- Have business cards printed in the local language – lots of them and learn how to hand them to people correctly.
- Understand the etiquette and cultural sensitivities of a foreign market.
- Have flyers printed in the local language.
- Be aware of key interests. For example in China quality and quality assurance were important – highlight this in your marketing collateral.
- Marketing 101 – who is your market?
- Talk to lots of different people about exporting – knowledge and experiences are everything.
- Have enough cash with you for everyday expenses.
- Try to see as much of the other exhibits as possible and note where the crowds are as part of your market research.
- Plan a holiday afterwards – you will need it.
Contact the AFA ASAP at email@example.com if you are interested in attending 2016 as spaces are filling fast!